COVID 19 - Notice to Competitors and Race Management - Level 1
All competitors and RM volunteers must make themselves aware of COVID-19 and the risks involved. Information is available on the COVID website https://www.health.govt.nz/
As a prerequisite to entering, sailing or RM volunteering in a GHYC race, you agree your personal information may be shared with the local Public Health Authorities to enable rapid contact tracing if a participant or volunteer at the event becomes ill with COVID-19 or has been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
precautions to be taken to race / RM volunteer with the GHYC in any races or series:
- You should not let any person onto your boat who display flu-like or COVID-19 symptoms. They have a responsibility to self-isolate and get Covid-19 tested.
- Contact tracing is not a mandatory requirement in Level 1, although it is encouraged under COVID-19.
- GHYC NOR/SI's Safety Regulations require a written list of crew members onboard for each race. This is the responsibility of the boat skipper.
- Maintaining good hygiene practices, like regular washing and drying of hands, good cough/sneeze etiquette, turn away and use your elbow and avoiding touching your face
- Crew to wash their protective sailing gear including gloves and lifejackets at home
- Being respectful of vulnerable people with pre-existing conditions, like heart and respiratory conditions, who need additional care
- Have fun out on the water
GHYC Sailing Committee 12 March 2021
Last updated 05:03 on 6 July 2021