Become a GHYC Member
Join us and become a member of our friendly boating club
… If you are
- a serious yachtie looking for regular racing programmes
- a non-sailor or new to the area and looking for a friendly, local social hub
- new to boating and want to learn the ropes
- a boatie in port for the summer
- looking for a crew position
- a launch or trailer boat owner
- a woman wanting to get into a woman's sailing programme
- a cruising yachtie wanting to enjoy a frequent and social racing programme
Firstly though, please bear in mind that ... YOU DO NOT NEED TO OWN A BOAT! and to become involved in boating is easy, cheap, and great fun, regardless of your experience… and if you are not a 'boat person', come along to our friendly clubhouse and introduce yourself - you just might be 'hooked' into a boating lifestyle!
What does GHYC Offer?
- Wednesdays - Weekly Twilight Racing around the buoys. Ladies Series and Mixed crew Series on alternate weeks.
- Sundays - longer Gulf fully crewed races plus two handed bay race.
- Alternate Sundays - Winter Series
- Saturdays -Approximately every two weeks there is a race to a destination, with a prize giving and BBQ on the beach. Launches and non- racing cruisers are welcome to join in the BBQ. The next day is usually a casual one with visits to other boats, and a rally back if anyone wants to organise an informal one.
- Saturdays - Once a month there is a longer race around the buoys, and then racers come back to the clubhouse for a BBQ and prize giving, which all are welcome to.
- Racing Rules
- Safety talks
- Marine Medic Courses
The club is open to all for a drink and bite to eat after the racing on Wednesdays or Sundays.
On Thursdays the club is open in the early evening when the guys gather to yarn and the ladies often play either Petanque or Rummy.
Friday is our main club night, with the Leading Lights restaurant open providing reasonably priced meals and a menu which changes each week.
Throughout the year there are a variety of social events, ranging from dances, boat hops, Art exhibitions to interesting talks and Quiz nights. These are all advertised well in advance.
Our deck enjoys fabulous views on sunny Summer evenings AND, when the weather turns cool, with a roaring fire the venue becomes a rather pleasant place in which to spend time with both your new and old friends.
Annual Continuous Fishing Competition with a cup and prize for the biggest fish caught during the year.
So what are you waiting for then?? Don't Delay!
Join the Friendliest Club on the Peninsula Today!
Simply phone (09) 424 2118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or login to apply on-line.
Last updated 01:26 on 7 November 2019