AGM - Thursday 28th October
Published 21:32 on 16 Oct 2021
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING ON THURSDAY 28TH OCTOBER 1930hrs
The meeting will be conducted via Zoom owing to Government restrictions on physical meetings during Covid-19 Level 3 lockdowns.
- Welcome from the Commodore
- Minutes of the AGM held on Wednesday 23rd September 2020
- Matters arising.
- Commodores Report
- Treasurers Report
- Annual Accounts
- Subscriptions for 2021 2022
- Election of Officers: Patron, Commodore, Vice Commodore, Rear Commodore, Club Captain, Secretary, Treasurer, Committee, Honorary Solicitor
- General Business
- Hammerhead Update from Tony Sparks (Commercial Manager, Gulf Harbour Marina) and John Butcher (Commodore GHYC).
- Award of Commodore's Cup (Hobbs Burrell Memorial Trophy).
An email containing the Zoom notification and invitation to attend will be sent to you separately. We have attached a document explaining how to join a Zoom Meeting 'How to Join a Zoom Meeting' - see attachment below. Basically, you click on the link in the notification email.
Please note that this meeting will be run under the GH Marina Zoom Licence and will not be subject to the usual 40-minute time limit. The meeting will be recorded. You can join ahead of the start time and access will begin when the meeting host starts the meeting. Zoom has the facility for you to test your camera, loudspeakers, and microphone before the meeting. The meeting will be chaired by Vice Commodore Colin Mitten (in the absence of Commodore John Butcher), who will ask others to speak as required.
To help the meeting run smoothly please do the following:
- mute your microphone. This helps the chair keep control over who is speaking (and allows you to talk to others at home with you).
- depending on the number of attendees, the chair may ask that attendees also turn off their camera so that those who are speaking can be seen easily.
- if you wish to speak to the meeting, turn on your camera and use the 'Raise Hand' feature to show you wish to speak, then unmute your microphone when asked to speak. Please lower the raise hand when finished.
To simplify proceedings the meeting will presume that all agenda items are received/accepted. This has been done successfully at virtual meetings at other clubs and is based on agenda items being straightforward matters. You are free to question anything or make a comment - if so, please use the raise hand feature as outlined above.
If a vote does become necessary, we will use the 'thumbs up/thumbs down' emoji symbols that are available to all attendees. Please note that only full members have the right to vote at the AGM. (FYI - a full family membership is two votes, provided both members are in attendance).
If you have any questions regarding the Annual Accounts or items for General Business, please advise Club Secretary John Bruce ( email@example.com) by 10.00 on Wednesday. You are still able to ask questions during the meeting or raise any matter that has not been notified in advance.
Last updated 04:28 on 25 April 2022