Published 02:07 on 21 Jul 2020
Boating Education Evenings
Engine maintenance costing a fortune?
Electrics causing trouble? Corrosion problems?
Join Matt Paulin, Neptune's Gear, at Gulf Harbour Yacht Club as he presents free Evening Education Sessions as follows:
Wednesday 29 July - Basic Marine Diesel Maintenance
- What the basic components of the drive system and engine are
- What scheduled maintenance you should be doing, and how often
- Ancillary systems (Alternators, Starters, Pumps, Compressors)
- How to do the basic jobs yourself and save some $$
- Maintenance Logs
Tuesday 4 August - Basic Marine Electrics and Galvanic Corrosion (What anodes are for)
- Electrical systems in boats, and why it differs from electrics ashore
- Elementary wiring diagrams and why you should have or make one
- Fusing circuits
- Wiring standards and why we have them
- Proper wire sizing how to
- Connections/terminals and how to make proper marine standard connections
Tuesday 18 August - Marine Electronics
- Electronic navigation systems (Consumer grade, ECDIS, etc.)
- Instrumentation what's available and the features & benefits in general
- Radios, VHF, DSC, EPIRBs, PLBs , SARTs what they are and what they can do for you
Open to members and non-members,
everyone is welcome.
These free sessions will be conducted at GHYC from 1900 2030, with tea/coffee & biscuits available for a gold coin donation.
For more information contact Matt Paulin on 022 153 9176
Last updated 05:01 on 27 August 2020